Thursday, April 30, 2015

What Your Coach Eats

Many of you probably wonder what I eat every day to be physically fit to lift heavy and have energy to train each and everyone of you every day.( That was a joke..haha)

You probably think I have found some sort of magic diet and combined with magic bean pills from the Dr.Oz show taken 6x a day.....


No... No magic beans....or fancy diet... Just clean eating....

I thought I'd share what I eat every day, how I cook, and how I reward myself on the weekends without destroying my week's progress.

Below is a snack I eat on day in and day out. I know many of you don't like eating the same thing everyday, but it doesn't matter to me, and it's easier this way for myself and my schedule.

So, below I have:
  • 2 scrambled eggs (with the yolks)
  • handful of almonds
  • sauteed and chopped green beans with green onions
  • sauteed sauerkraut ( I'm Polish )
  • bowl full of kale chips
Easy, quick, and not complicated.

The important part is to notice I have, lean protein, green vegetables, and healthy fat. Those 3 things make a full meal. Take note and start implementing this strategy for your next meal coming up!


Here is my lunch. Below we have:
  • homemade hummus
  • raw broccoli
  • shredded chicken ( might recognize the chicken from my Instagram post haha)
  • re-fried beans
  • mashed cauliflower with sriracha hot sauce (I like it spicy)    



Again, nothing fancy, just wholesome food. Look at what I have again, vegetables with lean protein, every meal, no matter what.

That's the secret! And its difficult to implement because it takes effort and time. Just like anything in life, you have to put some sort of effort to see a reward.

When you follow this pattern and guideline every day of the week I believe you should reward yourself on the weekend for all your hard work. But remember, its not an all out binge.... Keep it realistic, don't go looting the ice cream section of your grocery store...

Image result for cheat meal gif

Usually, during the week I'll write down what I want as a "cheat meal" for the weekend and I'll have something to look forward to.

What did I have last weekend as my cheat meal? 

Sushi, deep friend calamari, 1 beer and a nutela and coconut crepe ( Random, but I was downtown, and I never had a crepe from Granville street)

Does it sound like I destroyed myself? No, I kept it within reason and I felt human, and not a robotic disposal of healthy food.

So follow the guidelines I have left you with, and I guarantee you will see results and success!

What do you eat during week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment