Thursday, May 7, 2015

Become a Gym Hero!

Over the weekend I was able to watch The Avengers: Age of Ultron.

First off, this movie was amazing, and its double awesome because when I was a child I used to read every comic book I could get my hands on, and now my imagination has been transported to the big screen.

Along with watching every super hero cartoon that was on television to enhance my knowledge of every super hero out there. I thought it would be a great way to incorporate my love for super heros in this blog post.


As I was thinking what I could write today, I'd like to start off with a quote from Iron Man

"Heros are made by the paths they choose, not with the powers they are graced with."

What does this all have to do with the gym? Well, I want you to become a gym hero! Just like Iron Man said, you can become a hero if you just choose the right path.

Many fitness freaks out there are blessed with really really great genetics. You've probably seen them in the gym, or know one. They eat whatever they like, workout a fragmented time of how many hours you slave away in the gym, and they look like they could be on the cover of Oxygen magazine.

You start feeling frustrated and wonder why you can't be like him/her and have it easy like them. You begin to doubt yourself and start thinking negatively, like Michael with his hatred towards Toby.



Here is another great quote from the Captain America movie.

"A strong man who has known power all his life, may lose respect for that power, but a weak man knows the value of strength, and knows compassion."

So, these genetically gifted individuals who loose weight and have a six pack while eating cheesecake will never know the value of their gift.

Us on the other hand do. It's more of a reason for us to train hard, eat healthy and grind it out each and every day in the gym.

We might not ever become a cover model for a fitness magazine, but we can get ourselves better each and every day with the right path.

We do it for ourselves, our families and our spouses. Leading by example and the rest will follow.

Every day we can inspire a larger audience of regular people to start the initiative of a healthy life style, to live a happier and healthier life.

Let's take the pledge and become a super hero! More specifically a gym hero!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment