Thursday, August 27, 2015

Post Workout Pizza Recipe (yes, pizza!)

If you know me at all, you probably understand my love with pizza, or anything with a gooey melted cheese spread all over something.


I must admit I went through a phase of trying to create a healthy version of pizza (to the best of my abilities) I could. Believe me I did all the hard work of going through all the unhealthy versions first, to make sure my clients wouldn't have to....You're welcome.

One thing did stick around as a key ingredient that I loved. Pesto. There is something about pesto that gives it a better kick than the regular tomato sauce base.

I was going to share my recipe, but there is a similar version from Precision Nutrition Gourmet cook book I found and has all the maronutrients laid out for us.

Below are the ingredients and instructions for your own Pesto Chicken Pizza

Ingredients

6oz of chicken breast
1/4 tsp salt
2 pinches pepper
olive oil spray
whole wheat tortilla
3 tbsp pesto
1/4 cup small broccoli florets
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
1/2 cup asparagus
1/2 cup aged cheddar

Serving Size

1 serving

Prep Time

10 min prep time
10 min cooking time

Instructions

Cut chicken into strips, then season with salt and pepper. Then either sautee or grill chicken and set aside. Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit. Lightly coat baking sheet with spray and place the tortilla on the tray. Spread the pesto base evenly, leaving an inch around the tortilla for a crust. Place all vegetables on the tortilla then spread the cheese evenly, and bake for 10 min or when the crust browns.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment