Thursday, May 21, 2015

"How a Chin Up Can Change Your Life"

This one is going to be a short one today, the week did not have enough hours this time haha.

This past weekend I attended a conference in Seattle which I go to every year. I look forward to conferences because they refresh many aspects of my view on fitness. If its one thing how I could improve an exercise or how to be a better coach/person, its worth the time and money.

Going in I was particularly excited to see one of my favorite presenters Martin Rooney.

To describe him in words he has the energy of the energizer bunny on steroids. I've never seen/met someone so passionate about fitness, which makes me want to be that much better just being around him.

I can only imagine how he rubs off to his clients he trains. If I had to choose a role model for a training coach, this is the guy.

Anyway, couple weeks prior to the conference Martin put out an amazing article about his wife.

http://www.trainingforwarriors.com/2015/05/how-a-chin-up-can-change-your-life/

650

In this article he describes his wife's weight loss journey and goal to get one chin up. Keep in mind Martin's energizer bunny passion for fitness, because I'd assume his wife is not actually like him, and would be a tough situation to be in if you're an opposite.

This blog post he wrote, had the most hits, likes, shares, etc than anything he wrote prior, which means this hit home with many people.

Often people think coaches' spouses are exactly like them, but in fact they are just like everyone else.

For example, my Angel, does not get excited when making kale chips like I do or finding a 100km + cycling event and can't wait to crush.

Give it a read, and let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment